People are noticing the work Rise does in Crown Square. Old North St. Louis had the good fortune of a visit from Fox 2 News on Friday, February 19. Please enjoy these videos demonstrating how partnering with communities builds stronger, more equitable St. Louis area neighborhoods. It’s what we do. Rise “lifting our communities”.
One of Rise’s longtime partners, Wells Fargo Bank, has an exciting opportunity for qualifying home buyers.
If you have a goal to become a homeowner, you won’t want to miss the HomeLIFT event, sponsored by Wells Fargo in collaboration with local non-profit organizations.
At the event, you can find out if you qualify for the down payment assistance program and reserve your funds for 60 days–even if you haven’t yet found a property.
Date: September 25 – 26, 2015 Time: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Location: America’s Center – Hall 1 701 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101
FREE parking in designated lots. Visit the website, video, and links below for further details. Admission is FREE!
Register Today @ www.wellsfargo.com/homelift
Here are some links for more information on the HomeLIFT program and the upcoming event:
The Lemay Homes Groundbreaking took place on 7.28.2015 at 10 AM on a hot St. Louis summer morning. In fact, this has been hottest day of the year so far with temperatures topping out a 100 degrees! Like the temperature, the partnership between Rise and Lemay Housing Partnership, Inc.(LHP) is hot news! The cool portion of the event took place inside Hancock Place School District. The celebration commemorated the beginning of construction on Lemay Homes. Rise and LHP are co-developers on 40 new, single-family homes which will be affordable to families earning 60 percent or less of the Area Median Income.
Esteemed dignitaries included:
James M. Heard, St. Louis Field Office Director US. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Sheila Sweeney, Interim Chief Executive Officer St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
Frank McHugh, Vice Chairman St. Louis Port Authority
Glenn Powers, Director of Planning St. Louis County
Brouk Sago, PNC Bank
Chris Hite, President Sugar Creek Capital
Dr. Phillip Mannhard, Chairman of Lemay Housing Partnership, Inc. Board of Directors
There were also a couple of representatives of Missouri Housing Development Commission in the audience. Stephen Acree, President of Rise and Reginald Scott, Executive Director of LHP served as Masters of Ceremonies. After the speakers, the group went to the work site across the street; donned hard hats and did the official groundbreaking. The event was well attended and everyone expressed their excitement about the importance of this development to the Lemay community. There was even an LHP cake, which was a huge hit! We’ll keep you updated and let you know about the grand opening and ribbon cutting. Thanks to all the partners and everyone who attended!
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- John Cruz Honored With 2019 Community Planning Champion AwardOctober 31, 2019 - 4:51 pm
- Rise Young Professionals Release Neighborhood Resource GuideOctober 8, 2019 - 5:22 pm
- 2019 Rise YP Trivia and Chill-Sold Out Show!September 24, 2019 - 10:32 pm
- 2019 Rise Up Festival Rocks Downtown STL…Again!September 24, 2019 - 9:13 pm
- Brian Hurd – Teaching Sustainability and Equity at Washington UniversityAugust 26, 2019 - 8:08 pm
- Our friends at Rebuilding Together accepting their Neighhborhood Builders Award from @BankofAmerica Congrats! https://t.co/bGfYs9agVs14 days ago
- The Granite City Arts and Design District (G-CADD) is on the Rise! The former YMCA will be developed into 37 lofts,… https://t.co/mtNJQ0WNiy16 days ago
- Community planning efforts continue to grow in the #STL area engaging community stakeholders to ensure a stronger f… https://t.co/6WRZSOS9qW20 days ago