On November 15, 2018, East-West Gateway Council of Governments held its annual Luncheon & Awards Ceremony featuring the Outstanding Local Government Achievement (OLGA) Awards.
On Saturday, October 13th, the Rise Young Professionals hosted their third annual trivia night at City Garden Montessori School.
In June of this year, St. Louis County Executive Steve Stenger signed an executive order creating an Affordable Housing Trust Fund Task Force. This Task Force will identify the best way to set up a housing trust fund in St. Louis County.
A housing trust fund is a distinct fund established by county government that receives ongoing dedicated sources of public funding to support the preservation and production of affordable housing and increase opportunities for families and individuals to access decent affordable homes.
Task Force Charge
The Task Force is charged with developing recommendations for establishment of a housing trust fund in St. Louis County, including:
1. An outline of strategic funding priorities to address affordable housing and related needs of the citizens of St. Louis County.
2. The amount of revenue needed to meaningfully fund these priorities and identification of potential revenue sources, including existing financial resources that could be reallocated and any possible new sources of revenue.
3. The appropriate governance and administrative framework for the fund, including guidelines for distribution of funds.
4. Other complementary policy proposals that would enhance the establishment and functionality of the fund, as necessary.
The 18-member group is meeting monthly between June and December and plans to submit its report with recommendations to the County Executive in the first quarter of 2019. The County Executive’s Office, St. Louis County Planning Department and Human Services department are supporting the task force.
Do you think you would be eligible for programs offered by an affordable housing trust fund? Help determine funding priorities. Take one of the surveys today! December 12, 2018, is the survey deadline.
Are you a stakeholder who would like to tell us what you think about the work of this task force?
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Rise Receives OLGA Award for Leadership in Planning and Design InnovationNovember 16, 2018 - 5:36 pm
- Rise YP Trivia Night-Great Party for a Great CauseOctober 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- 2018 Rise Up Festival Rocks DowntownSeptember 22, 2018 - 7:21 pm
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Task Force SurveySeptember 21, 2018 - 4:01 pm
- Adams Grove Grand Opening Celebrates Housing DiversityJuly 13, 2018 - 7:00 pm
- Are you an “Artist on the Rise”? Rise Up 2019 is currently seeking 20 stellar emerging artists of all ages and all… https://t.co/shTMcyIE3Ryesterday
- Let's go #STL! We need to get the message out about what and awesome place we have to live, work, and play in. https://t.co/zZxsvsDtR63 days ago
- The #RiseUpFestival is coming! If you are an Artist, Artisan Vendor or Food Vendor, we are looking for you! Please… https://t.co/ZvznhYqny04 days ago