On May 2nd, 2018, the City of St. Louis Planning Commission unanimously adopted the Gravois-Jefferson Historic Neighborhoods Plan as an amendment to the City’s Comprehensive Plan, making it among the few areas in the City to achieve this designation.
The official groundbreaking ceremony for Chippewa Park took place on Thursday, 4.12.2018, at 3 PM, in “Frog Park”, 2819 Chippewa St. at the corner of Oregon St. and Chippewa.
Last night, East Fox Homes won the 2018 Building St. Louis Award in the category of Renovation – more than $5 million. The event, hosted by the St. Louis Business Journal, was held at Windows on Washington on 3.22.2018. Mark Stroker, Director Real Estate at Rise, and Chris Shearman, Executive Director at Lutheran Development Group were on hand and Chris Shearman accepted the award on behalf of the development.
Other contenders in the category were: Beatrice Lofts, Beyond Housing, and Clayton on the Park. The development is the result of a partnership between Lutheran Development Group, Messiah Lutheran Church, and Rise. We would like to send out a big thanks to all of the partners and to the St. Louis Business Journal!
Other partners include:
Messiah Lutheran Church – Developer
Rise Community Development – Development Consultant
Lutheran Church Extension Fund – Predevelopment Lender
Landmark’s Association – Predevelopment Lender
PNC Bank – Investor
Sugar Creek Capital – Investor
EM Harris Construction – Contractor
Urban Werks Architecture and Urban Design – Architect
Fox Grove Management – Property Manager
Sterling Bank – Lender
MHDC – Tax Credit Provider, Lender
City of St. Louis Industrial Development Authority – Bond Issuer
Gilmore & Bell – Bond Counsel
Bank of NY Mellon – Bond Trustee
National Parks Service/Department of the Interior
First American Title Company – Title and Disbursing Agent
Rosenblum Goldenhersh – Borrower’s Counsel
American Family Insurance – Insurer
Maurice Benjamin Company – Environmental
Gelateria Del Leone – espresso provider
Nonprofit Community Development
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Rise Partners With Invest STL to Improve St. Louis NeighborhoodsJune 11, 2018 - 8:49 pm
- Gravois-Jefferson Plan Unanimously Adopted by the St. Louis Planning CommissionMay 9, 2018 - 9:56 pm
- Stephen Acree Wins CBN’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Community Building!April 27, 2018 - 7:38 pm
- Chippewa Park Groundbreaking – The Transformation BeginsApril 14, 2018 - 6:59 pm
- East Fox Homes Wins 2018 Building St.Louis AwardMarch 23, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- The street team for the #RiseUpFest needs voluteers, apply now! https://t.co/CSmAL5Eftk https://t.co/8pbnClPRkeabout 1 hour ago
- Artists, Vendors, and Artisans apply to be part of the 2018 Rise Up Festival! Deadline 6.30.2018!… https://t.co/NewCDSQRsR22 hours ago
- The Rise YP Pub Crawl in #STL. Tour some Rise Developments, drink some local brew, and network with young professio… https://t.co/4CfuimolZ3yesterday