The official groundbreaking ceremony for Chippewa Park took place on Thursday, 4.12.2018, at 3 PM, in “Frog Park”, 2819 Chippewa St. at the corner of Oregon St. and Chippewa.
November 17, 2017
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens and his allies moved to withhold state low-income housing tax credits this year. The vote came at the Missouri Housing Development Commission in Columbia today.
Rise’s President, Stephen Acree, has released an official statement concerning the decision:
This morning the Missouri Housing Development Commission voted to strip State Low Income Housing Tax Credits from its annual funding plan for 2018. By orchestrating this vote, the Governor is attempting to use the Commission to administratively overrule the will of the legislature. Sadly, low-income Missourians will suffer from this callous act. There are tens of thousands of people on housing waiting lists across the state. By thwarting the will of the legislature to withhold these resources, seniors, homeless veterans and people with special needs will spend another winter out in the cold, in shelters, or doubled-up with whoever might take them in. All because of political gamesmanship.
The funding plan, called the Qualified Allocation Plan, now goes out for public comment. We urge all concerned citizens to speak out. We hope that MHDC will respond to the calls of those most affected and the legislature and do the right thing when the plan goes back to them for approval in December.
Please share this post and let your voice be heard.
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Rise Community Development Transforms YMCA into Arts Hub and Affordable ApartmentsDecember 18, 2019 - 1:24 pm
- John Cruz Honored With 2019 Community Planning Champion AwardOctober 31, 2019 - 4:51 pm
- Rise Young Professionals Release Neighborhood Resource GuideOctober 8, 2019 - 5:22 pm
- 2019 Rise YP Trivia and Chill-Sold Out Show!September 24, 2019 - 10:32 pm
- 2019 Rise Up Festival Rocks Downtown STL…Again!September 24, 2019 - 9:13 pm
- Here's an article about Rise's upcoming Edison Ave. Lofts development in Granite City focusing on the Illinois Hist… https://t.co/kbfcbUdf0p4 days ago
- Rise is seeking applicants for our 2020 paid summer internship program. Apply now and pass the information on!… https://t.co/QsrNBcXGlu5 days ago
- Looking for an opportunity to intern and the regions largest developer of affordable housing? Rise is seeking appli… https://t.co/vX0Z8e90Yj9 days ago