The official groundbreaking ceremony for Chippewa Park took place on Thursday, 4.12.2018, at 3 PM, in “Frog Park”, 2819 Chippewa St. at the corner of Oregon St. and Chippewa.
November 17, 2017
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens and his allies moved to withhold state low-income housing tax credits this year. The vote came at the Missouri Housing Development Commission in Columbia today.
Rise’s President, Stephen Acree, has released an official statement concerning the decision:
This morning the Missouri Housing Development Commission voted to strip State Low Income Housing Tax Credits from its annual funding plan for 2018. By orchestrating this vote, the Governor is attempting to use the Commission to administratively overrule the will of the legislature. Sadly, low-income Missourians will suffer from this callous act. There are tens of thousands of people on housing waiting lists across the state. By thwarting the will of the legislature to withhold these resources, seniors, homeless veterans and people with special needs will spend another winter out in the cold, in shelters, or doubled-up with whoever might take them in. All because of political gamesmanship.
The funding plan, called the Qualified Allocation Plan, now goes out for public comment. We urge all concerned citizens to speak out. We hope that MHDC will respond to the calls of those most affected and the legislature and do the right thing when the plan goes back to them for approval in December.
Please share this post and let your voice be heard.
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Rise Receives OLGA Award for Leadership in Planning and Design InnovationNovember 16, 2018 - 5:36 pm
- Rise YP Trivia Night-Great Party for a Great CauseOctober 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- 2018 Rise Up Festival Rocks DowntownSeptember 22, 2018 - 7:21 pm
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Task Force SurveySeptember 21, 2018 - 4:01 pm
- Adams Grove Grand Opening Celebrates Housing DiversityJuly 13, 2018 - 7:00 pm
- Are you an “Artist on the Rise”? Rise Up 2019 is currently seeking 20 stellar emerging artists of all ages and all… https://t.co/shTMcyIE3R2 days ago
- Let's go #STL! We need to get the message out about what and awesome place we have to live, work, and play in. https://t.co/zZxsvsDtR63 days ago
- The #RiseUpFestival is coming! If you are an Artist, Artisan Vendor or Food Vendor, we are looking for you! Please… https://t.co/ZvznhYqny04 days ago