The official groundbreaking ceremony for Chippewa Park took place on Thursday, 4.12.2018, at 3 PM, in “Frog Park”, 2819 Chippewa St. at the corner of Oregon St. and Chippewa.
November 17, 2017
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens and his allies moved to withhold state low-income housing tax credits this year. The vote came at the Missouri Housing Development Commission in Columbia today.
Rise’s President, Stephen Acree, has released an official statement concerning the decision:
This morning the Missouri Housing Development Commission voted to strip State Low Income Housing Tax Credits from its annual funding plan for 2018. By orchestrating this vote, the Governor is attempting to use the Commission to administratively overrule the will of the legislature. Sadly, low-income Missourians will suffer from this callous act. There are tens of thousands of people on housing waiting lists across the state. By thwarting the will of the legislature to withhold these resources, seniors, homeless veterans and people with special needs will spend another winter out in the cold, in shelters, or doubled-up with whoever might take them in. All because of political gamesmanship.
The funding plan, called the Qualified Allocation Plan, now goes out for public comment. We urge all concerned citizens to speak out. We hope that MHDC will respond to the calls of those most affected and the legislature and do the right thing when the plan goes back to them for approval in December.
Please share this post and let your voice be heard.
Nonprofit Community Development
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Rise Receives OLGA Award for Leadership in Planning and Design InnovationNovember 16, 2018 - 5:36 pm
- Rise YP Trivia Night-Great Party for a Great CauseOctober 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- 2018 Rise Up Festival Rocks DowntownSeptember 22, 2018 - 7:21 pm
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Task Force SurveySeptember 21, 2018 - 4:01 pm
- Adams Grove Grand Opening Celebrates Housing DiversityJuly 13, 2018 - 7:00 pm
- If you have not made a contirbution to Rise's 2018 Annual Appeal, do it before midnight tonight. It's tax deductabl… https://t.co/gt6EKaTDHY17 days ago
- Problems in some of #STL neighborhoods include: violence, limited access to job and educational opportunities, and… https://t.co/VUfmlFLzpk20 days ago
- During the holiday season, consider making a gift that impacts neighborhoods in distress. Your donation will suppor… https://t.co/si1ki17DD722 days ago