The official groundbreaking ceremony for Chippewa Park took place on Thursday, 4.12.2018, at 3 PM, in “Frog Park”, 2819 Chippewa St. at the corner of Oregon St. and Chippewa.
November 17, 2017
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens and his allies moved to withhold state low-income housing tax credits this year. The vote came at the Missouri Housing Development Commission in Columbia today.
Rise’s President, Stephen Acree, has released an official statement concerning the decision:
This morning the Missouri Housing Development Commission voted to strip State Low Income Housing Tax Credits from its annual funding plan for 2018. By orchestrating this vote, the Governor is attempting to use the Commission to administratively overrule the will of the legislature. Sadly, low-income Missourians will suffer from this callous act. There are tens of thousands of people on housing waiting lists across the state. By thwarting the will of the legislature to withhold these resources, seniors, homeless veterans and people with special needs will spend another winter out in the cold, in shelters, or doubled-up with whoever might take them in. All because of political gamesmanship.
The funding plan, called the Qualified Allocation Plan, now goes out for public comment. We urge all concerned citizens to speak out. We hope that MHDC will respond to the calls of those most affected and the legislature and do the right thing when the plan goes back to them for approval in December.
Please share this post and let your voice be heard.
Nonprofit Community Development
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
- Rise Partners With Invest STL to Improve St. Louis NeighborhoodsJune 11, 2018 - 8:49 pm
- Gravois-Jefferson Plan Unanimously Adopted by the St. Louis Planning CommissionMay 9, 2018 - 9:56 pm
- Stephen Acree Wins CBN’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Community Building!April 27, 2018 - 7:38 pm
- Chippewa Park Groundbreaking – The Transformation BeginsApril 14, 2018 - 6:59 pm
- East Fox Homes Wins 2018 Building St.Louis AwardMarch 23, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- The street team for the #RiseUpFest needs voluteers, apply now! https://t.co/CSmAL5Eftk https://t.co/8pbnClPRkeabout 1 hour ago
- Artists, Vendors, and Artisans apply to be part of the 2018 Rise Up Festival! Deadline 6.30.2018!… https://t.co/NewCDSQRsR22 hours ago
- The Rise YP Pub Crawl in #STL. Tour some Rise Developments, drink some local brew, and network with young professio… https://t.co/4CfuimolZ3yesterday