On October 28, 2016, Rise conducted a group training workshop designed to inform Community Development Corporations (CDCs) and other community leaders the benefits of engaging youth in the community to improve the overall quality of those communities transforming them into active stakeholders of their community. To view the training announcement click here. To view the PowerPoint presentation for the workshop click here.
Civic Technology and Community Development Workshop
This workshop is an activity that is part of a grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation which includes local partners Rise, OpenDataSTL and St. Louis County, and national partners Living Cities, Code for America and the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership. In addition to analyzing data and building tech tools to improve the court system, this initiative will advance two national goals: (1) to demonstrate what is possible when data and technology are intentionally applied to address problems affecting low-income people; and (2) to strengthen collaboration at the local level between civic technologists, neighborhood data practitioners, and government officials.
Date: Friday, September 25th, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
O’Fallon Park Recreation Complex
4343 West Florissant Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63115
Rise and CBN are excited to present a training and workshop on the role of Civic Technology and Community Development. Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at Rise, will facilitate an engaging session directed to community development professionals regarding how tech can improve the interaction between residents and the public sector as well as improve the quality of life for neighborhoods. Be prepared to discuss what challenges and opportunities you are facing in your service areas and how tech might improve or assist your work.
To register through Eventbrite here.
RSVP: Please RSVP at least three business days prior to class by contacting
Jenny Ryan, Community Development Specialist with Community Builders Network at [email protected]g or by phone at (314) 402-5595
For more information please contact Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at [email protected]
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Rise Community Development Transforms YMCA into Arts Hub and Affordable ApartmentsDecember 18, 2019 - 1:24 pm
- John Cruz Honored With 2019 Community Planning Champion AwardOctober 31, 2019 - 4:51 pm
- Rise Young Professionals Release Neighborhood Resource GuideOctober 8, 2019 - 5:22 pm
- 2019 Rise YP Trivia and Chill-Sold Out Show!September 24, 2019 - 10:32 pm
- 2019 Rise Up Festival Rocks Downtown STL…Again!September 24, 2019 - 9:13 pm
- Rise is seeking applicants for our 2020 paid summer internship program. Apply now and pass the information on!… https://t.co/QsrNBcXGlu11 hours ago
- Looking for an opportunity to intern and the regions largest developer of affordable housing? Rise is seeking appli… https://t.co/vX0Z8e90Yj4 days ago
- Looking for an internship this summer? Check out this opportunity. The process is competitive so put your best foot… https://t.co/H0HqX9ZiCL5 days ago