On October 28, 2016, Rise conducted a group training workshop designed to inform Community Development Corporations (CDCs) and other community leaders the benefits of engaging youth in the community to improve the overall quality of those communities transforming them into active stakeholders of their community. To view the training announcement click here. To view the PowerPoint presentation for the workshop click here.
Civic Technology and Community Development Workshop
This workshop is an activity that is part of a grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation which includes local partners Rise, OpenDataSTL and St. Louis County, and national partners Living Cities, Code for America and the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership. In addition to analyzing data and building tech tools to improve the court system, this initiative will advance two national goals: (1) to demonstrate what is possible when data and technology are intentionally applied to address problems affecting low-income people; and (2) to strengthen collaboration at the local level between civic technologists, neighborhood data practitioners, and government officials.
Date: Friday, September 25th, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
O’Fallon Park Recreation Complex
4343 West Florissant Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63115
Rise and CBN are excited to present a training and workshop on the role of Civic Technology and Community Development. Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at Rise, will facilitate an engaging session directed to community development professionals regarding how tech can improve the interaction between residents and the public sector as well as improve the quality of life for neighborhoods. Be prepared to discuss what challenges and opportunities you are facing in your service areas and how tech might improve or assist your work.
To register through Eventbrite here.
RSVP: Please RSVP at least three business days prior to class by contacting
Jenny Ryan, Community Development Specialist with Community Builders Network at [email protected] or by phone at (314) 402-5595
For more information please contact Eleanor Tutt, Data Management Coordinator at [email protected]
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Rise Receives OLGA Award for Leadership in Planning and Design InnovationNovember 16, 2018 - 5:36 pm
- Rise YP Trivia Night-Great Party for a Great CauseOctober 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm
- 2018 Rise Up Festival Rocks DowntownSeptember 22, 2018 - 7:21 pm
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Task Force SurveySeptember 21, 2018 - 4:01 pm
- Adams Grove Grand Opening Celebrates Housing DiversityJuly 13, 2018 - 7:00 pm
- Are you an “Artist on the Rise”? Rise Up 2019 is currently seeking 20 stellar emerging artists of all ages and all… https://t.co/shTMcyIE3Ryesterday
- Let's go #STL! We need to get the message out about what and awesome place we have to live, work, and play in. https://t.co/zZxsvsDtR63 days ago
- The #RiseUpFestival is coming! If you are an Artist, Artisan Vendor or Food Vendor, we are looking for you! Please… https://t.co/ZvznhYqny03 days ago