Brian H. Hurd, Technical Assistance Program Manager at Rise, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of St. Louis VentureWorks, Inc. The board advances the economic interests of St. Louis County and the City of St. Louis by managing and operating business incubators focused on innovation and entrepreneurship. The incubators are located within properties owned by the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership. St. Louis VentureWorks will also oversee a newly developed loan program for small businesses funded by the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, and a consortium of banks. St. Louis VentureWorks will also manage an Invest STL grant fund targeted to neighborhoods that stand to be hit hardest by the pandemic and efforts to slow its spread, focusing on economic, social, and service delivery setbacks exacerbated by COVID-19.
Rise builds market rate and affordable housing enhancing the quality of life in our communities and making St. Louis a great place to live, work and play; particularly in areas where we see the potential to enhance diversity of all types—social, cultural, lifestyle and economic.
Rise acts as a resource and partner to the community, bringing together non-profit organizations, financial institutions and government that make successful neighborhood revitalization possible.
Want to learn more about our work? Click here.
- Brian H. Hurd Joins Board for St. Louis VentureWorks, Inc.April 21, 2020 - 7:44 am
- Cold Day, Warm Feelings-Edison Avenue Lofts GroundbreakingFebruary 28, 2020 - 11:09 am
- Rise Community Development Transforms YMCA into Arts Hub and Affordable ApartmentsDecember 18, 2019 - 1:24 pm
- John Cruz Honored With 2019 Community Planning Champion AwardOctober 31, 2019 - 4:51 pm
- Rise Young Professionals Release Neighborhood Resource GuideOctober 8, 2019 - 5:22 pm
- Check out this training providing an introduction to some of the most identified mental illnesses. This will be ben… https://t.co/0SnQ057NkT16 days ago
- As part of the “It’s About Hope: Reinforcing Resilience” series, Places for People, ReCAST and the St. Louis Region… https://t.co/fFGw1q54Pf16 days ago
- Riverview West Florissant Development Corporation is continuing to do its part in helping at-risk youth that reside… https://t.co/sBMrjUgTk218 days ago